SREC rights belong to the owner of the solar asset from which they originate. If you sell your home or property where the solar system is located while under an active contract with Sol Systems, your SREC account and Sol Systems contract will be reassigned to the new homeowner.
If you are planning to move or have moved, please send an email to Sol Systems Customer Service at email@example.com and provide:
- The street address of the system
- The new owner's full name
- The new owner's phone number
- The new owner's email address
- The closing or settlement date for the transfer of the property
- Closing documents, such as a HUD-I form, deed/title transfer, ALTA form, or purchase and sale agreement (basically any agreement of transfer with signatures from both the buyer and the seller)
- Your new mailing address to issue any printed checks for final payment
Our Customer Service team will follow-up with paperwork for the new owner of the solar system at this address to sign electronically via DocuSign. Once the above information and closing documents have been submitted to Sol Systems, our Customer Service team will proceed to file a Change of Ownership (COO) request through the appropriate state agency as well as update system information through GATS, the SREC certifying authority.
Please note changes of ownership are an involved process and may take several weeks to complete assuming all supporting documents are completed and submitted in a timely manner. All changes of ownership are processed in turn.