SREC rights belong to the owner of the solar asset from which they originate. If you sell your home during your contract to Sol Systems, your SREC account and Sol Systems contract will be assigned to the new homeowner, unless the contract is cancelled.
If you are planning to move or have moved, please contact Sol Systems and provide:
- The street address of the system
- The new owner's full name
- The new owner's phone number
- The new owner's email address
- The new owner's mailing address, if different from the system address
- Your new mailing address, for any final payments
- The settlement date of the property
We'll then send paperwork to you and the new system owner via DocuSign to complete the transfer.
In addition to paperwork sent though DocuSign, Sol Systems will need a copy of closing documentation to complete the transfer. We can accept a purchase and sale agreement, deed, ALTA form, or anything else with signatures from both the buyer and the seller.