First, provide site access from SolarEdge
For Sol Systems to take energy production readings from SolarEdge, we'll need site access on their monitoring portal. Please provide access to email@example.com.
To provide access, follow these steps:
- Go to the SolarEdge monitoring portal and log in.
- Find and click the site you're providing access for.
- From the system page, click the “Admin” buttonDon't see the admin button? Your installer will need to provide us with access on your behalf if you do not have admin-level access in SolarEdge. Please email your installer a link to this page, and feel free to cc us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click "Site Access"
- Then click "Users"
- Then click "+Add User"
- Add email@example.com under "Email"
- Click "Save."
- Before leaving the monitoring portal, copy the system's site name in SolarEdge.
Provide Sol Systems with your SolarEdge site name
Next, provide us with your site name in SolarEdge so we know where to find your energy readings. To do so, enter your SolarEdge site name as your External System Name in the Sol Dashboard.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Sol Systems Dashboard and log in.
- Find the system you're setting up and click "View" or "Missing # Items."
- Under "External System Name," type or paste the site name exactly as it appears in SolarEdge, then click "Save."
NOTE: If you don't see the below prompt for missing Remote Monitoring Information on the Dashboard, please provide your External System Name to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You won't need to provide us with meter readings or monthly nets now that you've set up Remote Monitoring.
Energy production will be taken from SolarEdge on a monthly basis. You can check what's been recorded on the Sol Systems Dashboard.